Friday, April 11, 2008

Look who's crawling; first trip to the zoo

Yesterday afternoon, Ashley was playing with Trace on the floor, and unexpectedly, he crawled to her. He did it a couple of times (I was outside trying to keep Phoebe out of the street) so she yelled for me to come see. I grab the video camera and captured Trace moving across the floor.

He crawled a few feet to grab the remote control (one of his favorite things). He has the hand movement down, but is tentative with the legs. He then realized that since we have hardwood floors, he can slid on them easily. He laid on his belly and pulled himself along with his hands. A proud moment for us to see him growing up and accomplish this milestone.

Last weekend, we took Trace to the Baton Rouge zoo for my birthday. He had a good time but seemed to enjoy watching the other people at the zoo more than the animals. He got tired about halfway through the zoo, so we'll need to bring him back again soon to see the stuff he missed.

Here's a few pictures of our day.

At the White Tiger cage:

With a miniature donkey in the petting zoo area:

The Elephants:
Riding the train:

2 comments:

Janee said...

YAY for crawling! : ) I can't wait to see him in action!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.