Sunday, September 06, 2009

New Baby Ballard

So, most of you all know that Trace is going to be a Big Brother! Which means this blog is now going to be the Ballard family blog, rather than just Trace's...the first of many things he will come to learn to share. ;) I recently realized that this pregnancy is going by a lot faster than any other; well, because Trace just keeps us super busy! I also realized I hadn't posted a blog dedicated to New Baby Ballard yet; which makes me sad, because I don't want this baby to have middle child syndrome before he/she even makes it into the world. So, here's the latest news on New Baby Ballard:

We're currently 12 1/2 weeks pregnant, which means we're due on March 17th or St. Patty's Day! This due date brings a whole new meaning to March Madness in this house, because that is what I fear my life will look like with 2 children. However, I know the Lord had His hand in this all along; so I trust that He will provide & prepare us all for the new arrival.

As far as New Baby goes, he/she is doing just fine. We've had an 8 week & 12 week checkup and both times the heartrate was 152. So, boy or girl, we do know that he/she is consistant. I get a lot of questions about finding out the gender. However, we really haven't made a decision on that yet. We have an ultrasound at 18 weeks and can find out at that point, but are still unsure what we'll do. On one hand, we think another surprise would be fun; but on the other, we want to prepare Trace for what to expect as much as possible. So, we'll see. ;) But if you ask Trace, he says it's a girl and that he's going to be a "Big Sister"!

Another thing that I can tell you about this child is that he/she does love salty foods. If you know me, you know that I'm a sweets person; but the only foods that I crave are the really salty ones. I had my first glucose test this week, so we'll see how that goes. Prayers for me passing, cause I'm already a picky eater; and I can't imagine having to limit my carb intake.

Well, I think that's all the news we have for now, but we'll keep you posted on all the latest with New Baby. And don't worry, I'm sure we'll still have lots to say about Trace in the meantime. :) With him, there is never a dull moment. I'll leave you with the Trace funny of the day. Today as we were driving home from the Splash Park, he sang this song the whole way home: "Twinkle, twinkle little star; how I wonder what you PRETZELS!!! Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the PRETZELS!!!" Oh, how I wish could have caught it on tape. :)

No comments: